Utah vs UCLA Saturday on ESPN 97.7
The Utah Utes head into conference play with a 3-0 record and a backup quarterback, Nate Johnson, playing really well.
Here's the school's press release about the team's upcoming matchup against UCLA which you can listen to on ESPN 97.7...
The No. 11 University of Utah Football team is ready to kickoff conference play on Saturday, Sept. 23 when they host the No. 22 UCLA Bruins in Rice-Eccles Stadium for Homecoming and Utah's Stripe the Stadium game. The game is set for a 1:30 p.m. MT kick on FOX.
Fans can get behind the scenes views and live updates throughout the 2023 season on social media and online at www.UtahUtes.com. The Utes are active on Twitter (@Utah_Football), Instagram (@UtahFootball), Threads (@UtahFootball), Facebook (search Utah Football) and TikTok (@Utah_Football).
HOME SWEET HOME
Utah is 114-36 (.760) in Rice-Eccles Stadium (1998-present) and is 86-25 in RES during the Kyle Whittingham era.
• The Utes have five undefeated home seasons under Whittingham (2022, 6-0; 2021, 6-0; 2019, 7-0; 2009, 6-0; 2008, 6-0) with the Utes winning 27 of their last 28 home games, including a streak of 16 in a row (Dec. 5, 2020-present).
• It is the second-longest streak in the Whittingham era with the longest streak taking place Sept. 15, 2007 to Oct. 23, 2010 (21 games).
• Utah has sold out Rice-Eccles Stadium in 78 consecutive games, dating back to the 2010 season opener.
• Head Coach Kyle Whittingham is set to coach in his 358th overall game at Utah and his 232nd as head coach on Saturday.
• Utah is 60-44 in Pac-12 Conference games.
• Utah has won five of the last six games played against UCLA.
• The Utes are 15-3 in conference games the last two seasons.
NEED TO KNOWS
• Utah entered the season ranked No. 14 in the preseason AP and Coaches Poll, the fifth straight year the Utes have started the season ranked.
• Utah is currently ranked 11th in the AP Poll and 10th in the Coaches poll, marking the 13th straight week that the Utes have ranked inside the top-15 in both polls, dating back to Oct. 16, 2022.
• Head coach Kyle Whittingham (19th year) is the longest-tenured coach in the Pac-12 and the second-longest tenured coach at the same school in the FBS.
• The Utes have posted a winning record in nine straight seasons, dating back to 2014. Utah has finished with a winning season in 16 of Whittingham 18 years as head coach.
• Utah became the third team in Pac-12 Conference history to win back-to-back Pac-12 Championship games (2021, 2022).